Ellen Ochoa, Ph.D. has been sought out by numerous companies, institutions and nonprofit organizations eager to tap into her leadership expertise as part of their board of directors.
Below are some of those entities that have benefitted from her executive guidance:
- Service Corporation International (board of directors)
- Mutual of America (board of directors)
- National Science Board (chair)
- Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation (board of trustees)
- National Medal of Technology and Innovation (former chair of the Nomination Evaluation Committee)
- Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (former board member; former chair of the Houston branch)
- Stanford University (former board of trustees member)
- Manned Space Flight Education Foundation, Inc. (former vice chair)
Ellen has a personal affinity for providing leadership guidance to companies and organizations that invest in STEM initiatives, particularly those geared toward women and minorities.